Finance & Control Professional
Gaston Schul UK
As our dynamic organisation continues to grow, we are looking for a Finance & Control Professional to expand our finance department in our Felixstowe office.
What will you be doing?
As a Finance & Control Professional at Gaston Schul you oversee all our financial activities in the UK, maintaining contact with and monitor payments terms for debtors to ensure timely payment of sales invoices. You register and check purchase invoices, chase aged depts, check settlement for payment transactions and allocate all payments in Quickbooks. You will also handle:
- Incoming and outgoing queries
- Checking the correct financial settlement of the operational files
- Supporting the Finance & Controlling Supervisor/Manager with the month-end closing
- Raising Invoices to Customers
- Monitoring of rate changes with port authorities
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with our customers Finance Departments
- Duty & Deferment Reconciliation
What are you bringing?
You can easily adapt, keep an overview and set the right priorities. You like variety, adjust your work schedule when your day turns out differently and adjust priorities. Quantity does not compromise quality. Furthermore, you are communicatively strong, have an eye for detail and recognise yourself in the following profile:
- Attention to detail is an important skill for this role
- Being a pro-active team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Excel skills, such as: vlookup, pivot tables and formulas
- Financial System Software skills, preferably Quickbooks
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays, Additional benefits
- Pretty nice colleagues (if we may say so ourselves)
- Join a family business with family values
- Join a small international team with Dutch, Belgian and German colleagues
- Possibility for hybrid working
- Chances to keep developing yourself
About Gaston Schul
Gaston Schul is one of the largest independent and full-service customs & trade partners. Our customs experts assist small, medium-sized, and large companies in doing international business smoothly. We are active in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Norway and Ireland and strongly connected in a European network. Knowledge of customs matters is a prerequisite, hassle-free trading is an outcome. We have been doing this for 175 years.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com with the title “Finance & Control Professional”. We’re looking forward to your application and will be in touch with you soon!
Acquisition of this vacancy is not appreciated.
We are looking for a Finance & Control Professional for the following location(s):