Stage 3 changes delayed
The UK government has officially delayed the Border Operating Model, Stage 3 changes. These changes were due to become live at the beginning of July. The controls that have already been introduced will remain in place.
What were the planned changes?
The following controls which were planned for introduction from July 1st 2022 will now not be introduced:
- A requirement for Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) checks currently at destination to be moved to a Border Control Post (BCP)
- A requirement for safety and security declarations on EU imports
- A requirement for health certification for further SPS imports
- A requirement for SPS goods to be presented at a BCP
- Prohibitions and restrictions on the import of chilled meats from the EU
The UK government will publish a Target Operating Model in the Autumn, and the new controls regime will come into force at the end of 2023.
You can find out more information by clicking on the UK Government link at the top of the page. Or you can contact us below with any questions you may have. Our team of customs experts are ready to help you with all your customs needs.
We’d love to hear from you. Call us or fill in our contact form and we’ll get back to you.
For our office locations and contact details, click below.
Get in touch
To allow us to assist you even more quickly, please enter your details here and upload any documents that you may have questions about.