When do I have to pay import duties and taxes?

When you import goods from a country outside the EU, you generally have to pay import duties and VAT. There are exceptions. Countries can have free trade agreements (FTA’s). Partner countries are able to buy and sell products to each other with reduced or zero duties. Different rules may apply for various shipment values (total value of all goods contained in the shipment) different rules apply.

The EU has trade agreements with the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Japan and many others. Do you require assistance with utilising tax advantages in Europe? Gaston Schul can advise you.

View all questions