Are you already familiar with the new changes of NCTS 2.0 en AES 3.0? If not, we have listed them for you!
In our ongoing effort to keep you informed of the latest regulatory changes affecting the transit and export industry, we would like to inform you of some important updates to the New Computerised Transit System (NCTS) and the Automated Export System (AES). The AES 3.0 and NCTS 2.0 updates must be completed by 29 October 2023. We would like to emphasise that this changeover is required by German Customs. We will release the changeover NCTS and AES at the beginning of quarter 4 this year (early October). These changes are intended to standardise procedures and improve the efficiency of our processes. Please find below the necessary information:
- If an economic operator fails to input at least an eight-digit product code in the compulsory “Commodity Code” field, the electronic export declaration will not be accepted by ATLAS Versand (an automated background plausibility check).
- Along with a detailed product description, this new “Commodity Code” field is a mandatory requirement in the shipping process.
- “Mode of Transport at Departure” Specification
– Providing the “mode of transport at departure” at the time of completion of the transit formalities remains mandatory.
Exceptions: If this data is not available due to logistical reasons during the transition of goods into the transit process, a unique container number should be provided instead.
- Termination of paper-based national simplified transit process for rail (nEVV).
– Going forward, all railway transit procedures will only be possible with electronic registration and processing using the NCTS IT standard.
Exceptions: nEVV procedures active as of July 16, 2023, will be processed using the existing nEVV authorisations.
- The registration number of the outgoing means of transport is now a mandatory data element in the export declaration and must be entered, among other things, whenever “road transport” is indicated in the data element “domestic mode of transport”. The following possibilities exist:
– If the registration number is known at the time of submission of the export declaration, it must be provided.
– If it is not known at the time of submission of the export declaration, the presumed registration number can be entered.
- The identification of the mode of transport is a mandatory data element in the export declaration and must be indicated depending on the data element “mode of transport at the border”. The same options exist for the identification of the outgoing mode of transport.
We hope this news article has given you an overview of the latest changes. Due to the upcoming changes in the customs system, the cost of clearance may be affected. However, if you have any questions or need further assistance, we are only an email or phone call away. Our team will ensure that you feel fully supported in the implementation of these changes.
Do you have any questions about NCTS or AES?
Our team of customs specialists are ready to answer all your questions.
Find a location near you.
Get in contact.
Do you have a questions? Or are you not yet a customer of ours, but want to become one and need help with the changes regarding NCTS and AES? Then contact us now, we will be happy to help!